Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Teacher Gifts

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner


Something new for me this week! Kelly from Kelly's Korner does Show Us Your Life on Fridays and this week I could actually participate. This week she is talking about teacher gifts. I am even late to the game, but Tricia had to finish putting together this cool idea before I could post about it.

First, for the past couple years, I have started doing something for the first day of school. Tricia and I go buy all of her supplies for back to school. While we are buying, we purchase a second set of everything on the list, often including a backpack. This second set Tricia brings with her to give to the teacher. This way, we know that there is at least one extra complete set of school supplies if it is needed right away.

This next idea is something that we've done often since she started school. It is so easy and, as a future teacher, I know that I would love it. First, go buy some seasonal silk flowers, floral tape, and a package of pens. Simply use a wire clipper to cut off individual flowers from the stem and, with the floral tape, stick the flower on the base of the pen. Voila! Adorable and useful teacher gift! I usually add to the package some sticky notes or personalized note pads, some candy, and lately, hand sanitizer. Here are some that Tricia made today.





Our final idea I actually just came across this week and we immediately put the idea to good use. Here is a link to the blog where I found this cool teacher gift idea (the blog is called eighteen 25). Basically, you use small storage cases, decorated with whatever you have (we used Tricia's scrapbooking stash), and filled with office stuff that all teachers need and love. We ended up filling our box with paper clips, binder clips, push pins, erasers, pencil grips, reward stickers, and of course chocolate.








So those are a couple of my ideas. This box was fun to put together and I can't wait to make it an annual tradition.

1 comment:

  1. The idea of a complete set of school supplies is amazing!

    ReplyDelete