So, here we go. I am still working with the girls to Jazz Up January. We had a few days this week where either we had something planned that didn't happen or we didn't have anything planned so we winged it.

Monday, January 17Today was one of the "wing it" days. Mondays are historically busy days for us. Both girls have dance practice so we fly into the house at 6:00 or a little after and scarf down supper with basically enough time to visit a few minutes and then read and hit the bed. Tonight practice was (again) canceled due to icky weather. So I had just planned on reading a story. Instead, I busted out Candy Land and the girls played a quick game. We also read Henry's Freedom Box, which is a story about civil rights, in honor of Martin Luther King Day.

January 18, 2011
This one didn't quite work as well as I wanted it to. I found the idea here, at Serving Pink Lemonade. I knew we had Kool Aid packets in the cupboard in a few different flavors. I (incorrectly as it turns out) assumed that each of those packets would be a different color, approximately the color of the package. I was wrong. Three of the four flavors we had turned out to be pink. I tried to mix the colors, but ultimately, we ended up with two pinks and two purples. Oh well, the girls still had fun I think.

January 19, 2011
This project is super cute and super easy. Super cheap too! This idea has been safely tucked away for a future school art project. This was was also from Serving Pink Lemonade. Simply use marker to color block pages of a phone book, cut circles out (perhaps the most fun was finding circular objects around the dining room in several different sizes), and then glue them in whatever order you desire onto paper. Tricia finished hers by simply drawing in the stems and leaves. I thought Ryleigh's needed something more so I quickly dyed some coconut green to make grass and she added the lovely yellow sunshine. Such an adorable idea.

January 20, 2011
This was one of those oops, we suddenly have plans days. Tonight we were supposed to rent a movie for movie night. But instead, Tricia had auditions for the newest Calumet Children's Theater production: Attack of the Giant Grasshoppers. Emma also auditioned so we ended up meeting the Czech family at Pizza Ranch for supper and then home in time for stories and bed. (Oh, and we ended up getting a call from the director at about 9:00 letting Tricia know that she has the LEAD in the play! We are going to be busy in the next month memorizing nearly 60 lines!)
January 21, 2011
This was a purposely empty Jazz Up January day since I had a basketball game to work at. Tricia met Maciah at the game and Ryleigh stayed home and hung out with Dave. The girl's team beat Redwood in a last second buzzer-beater. The boy's ended up losing, but it was much closer than their previous games.
January 22, 2011
Today started with Dave and Tricia running to Sioux Falls to get Tricia's new bowling ball drilled. Yes, my 10-year-old has her own pink and black bowling ball and pink and black bowling bag. Dave loves bowling and is hoping that Tricia will love it just as much. To entice her, he let her pick out her own ball. We finished the night by inviting Aubrey and Maciah to the bowling alley for some bowling. Ryleigh only stayed for one game but the other girls and I ended up bowling the full three games.

January 23, 2011
Today I took a page from the Muffin Tin Mom and had the girls make themselves a muffin tin snack. I found my idea here at Blued Eyed Blessings. I had the girls make their own English Muffin pizzas from ingredients placed in the muffin tin. They both loved the pizzas and made two apiece! (Oh, and yes, this is about 3:00 in the afternoon and both of my lovely daughters are hanging out in their bed-head and jammies. I really have to find a church and get these girls back to a normal Sunday schedule.)

Remember to head over to Jessica's site to check out all of the other lovely Project Life posts. I have officially ordered my new 2011 kit (turquoise edition) and it should be here very soon. I am excited to get it and get it put together!
Looks like another fun and creative week for your family. Congratulations on your daughter getting a lead part in the play, that's awesome. I also have the turquoise album and love it. Have another fun week.
ReplyDeleteA precious week of photos! Stopping by from the Project Tuesday. I joined a little late, but spent my sick days catching up. ~Tamara
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun week...and busy :)
ReplyDelete