Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Project Life 2011 Week 1

Welcome to 2011! My first Project Life update for the new year. This post also contains my Jazz Up January activities with the girls. So far we have had fun doing arts and crafts, baking, and other fun stuff. It is a good thing I am doing Jazz Up January, since we have had so many snow days lately it is crazy!




January 1, 2011


Watching the Rose Parade is always a little nostalgic for me. It brings back memories of my senior year in high school when the Pipestone-Jasper marching band got to march the parade. During my senior year my back was bad and I could not march with the bells like I had in the past, so Mr. Carlson had me fill a hole in the show and I pretended to play trumpet for the entire marching season, including the Rose Parade. This float was very pretty, in honor of 9-11.




January 1, 2011 - Bonus picture

Since our New Year's Eve plans were put on hold due to weather we decided to do Dar's and then bowling with the Czech family. We had such a blast! The kids did great until it got to be after 9:00 and they all started getting crabby.



January 2, 2011

Today we went shopping in Sioux Falls to get Tricia's Christmas iPod. Can you tell just how happy she is??? She started digging for apps and music as soon as we got it home and charged up.


January 3, 2011

We have always told Ryleigh that her birthday is after Christmas. So usually about December 26 she starts asking and asking and asking when her birthday is coming. So I decided I'd make a chain so she can pull off a link each day until her birthday. The chain is pretty long! We hung it on her bed so the first thing she does every morning is to tear a loop off the chain.


January 5, 2011

Here is where we starting Jazzing Up January! Tonight the girls had a blast making snowflakes out of coffee filters, markers and a spray bottle of water. They turned out so pretty. They are now hanging up in the dining room.



January 6, 2011

Tonight for Jazz Up January, we went out to eat with Grandma Peg at the Villager. On the menu tonight ...

Grandma - Indian Taco
Mom - Pizza Burger with Tots
Tricia - Hot Chocolate and Nachos
Ryleigh - Hot Dog and Fries

The Villager is always yummy! I love taking the girls to the restaurant where I worked for three years during high school.


January 7, 2011

YUMMY COOKIES! Today we made some girly cookies to bring to Holland for Great Grandma's, Livi's, and Grandma's birthday celebration tomorrow. I got the idea and recipe here. (Side note: I cannot take a good food picture to save my soul! The cookies were super yummy and turned out way cuter than this picture shows.) Honestly, I did the majority of this Jazz Up January by myself. Oh well, the girls just weren't too interested in baking tonight.


January 8, 2011

For today's activity, I wanted to do something that Livi could do with us. So I found these cute candy necklaces here. Tricia was too busy playing Wii with Troy, Patty and even Grandma Darlene to stop and make her necklace, but the two littler girls had fun with this project. I used Tootsie Rolls and Starburst for the candy.


January 9, 2011

Today's activity was to build a fort. So the girls put a little fort together in Tricia's room and then rented Despicable Me from the satellite. And don't forget the popcorn!



We have been dealing with snowy weather since last Friday. School was out early on Friday and there was no school yesterday or today. Thank goodness the district decided to build snow days into their calendar this year so we won't be going to school until mid-June again this year.

I hope everyone is having a great start to 2011! We are having fun Jazzing Up January with lots of great activities. I found almost all of my activities by searching the internet, you can do it too!

Remember to head over to Jessica's site to check out some other Project Life posts. And if you need to, head here to Becky Higgins' site to learn about Project Life. (Full disclosure - I have not yet gotten my Project Life kit for 2011. They were sold out by the time I went to order on Amazon. I can't wait to get my copy when they are back in stock!)

No comments:

Post a Comment