Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Final Project Life for 2010

I got way behind posting my project life pictures. Here is my very last Project Life post for 2010. I managed to take a picture - or at least fake a picture - for nearly every day of 2010. My folder has 360 pictures in it, so not half bad if I do say so myself.

December 5, 2010

We have been reading a Christmas / Holiday / Winter book every night this month. Tricia decided to take over tonight and read Ryleigh Twas the Night Before Christmas. I love the illustrations in this book. Next year, I hope to have a craft / activity planned for each book as well.


December 6, 2010

We bought puppy gifts at Loopy's today. The cute snowflake bones came in sets of two so Tricia just had to open it up and give Holly one of them. You can see just how long the stuffed squeaky toy lasted!


December 7, 2010

This was what I saw when I took Holly outside early this morning. The fog, while not much fun to drive in, creates such beautiful things. The trees around town all looked just like this.


December 8, 2010

Frosty the Elf brought the girls each a gift for being good. Tricia got a pink lava lamp! How cool is that?!?! It is so much fun to watch the blobs of color ooze around the lamp.


December 9, 2010

Tricia had her school Christmas program tonight. For the first time since she has been in school, she purposely did not smile at my camera. I could not get a smiling picture of her for the entire program. Methinks my little girl is growing up.


December 10, 2010

The girls did a little Christmas crafting again tonight. They made these cute make-n-bake suncatcher ornaments. They will be given as teacher gifts.


December 11, 2010

The cookie weekend that wasn't. We were supposed to be decorating several dozen Christmas cookies today with the rest of the family. The weather had other ideas, unfortunately. The girls and I ventured over to Mom and Dad's house Friday night so that we could for sure be there to frost cookies on Saturday. Dad came home after I did. It snowed and snowed and snowed. We tried to get from Mom's house to Grandma's using Dad's van but it kept getting stuck. So we just hunkered down and played some cards instead. Cookies were very quickly frosted on Sunday morning once the storm had passed.


December 12, 2010

Since we decorated in such a hurry, this is the only picture I have of the two girls together. Most of the rest of the pictures feature one or the other of the girls licking frosting off their fingers. The best part about cookie weekend is the cream cheese frosting.


December 13, 2010

Today is always a day when I spend time reflecting and missing Tricia. 18 years ago today I skipped work at the Villager, pretending to be sick. I count that as divine intervention since had I been at work I would not have been able to say goodbye to Tricia for the last time and mom would have been alone in the house when the Sheriff pulled up to the door carrying her purse.

The girls put together their gingerbread house tonight. Actually Frosty the Elf found a different set and it was actually a small gingerbread village. This is another tradition that I love.


December 15, 2010

Tonight was Ryleigh's Christmas program for preschool at St. Paul Lutheran. She was such a smiley little thing up there on the stage. She was also very proud of herself that she wasn't in the front row, which in her mind means she isn't the shortest.

I had a good chuckle with mom and Dave remembering when Tricia was in her last year of preschool at St. Paul's. Tricia's costume was to be a sheep. The kids laughed at her when she put it on at school. So she pretended to be sick so she would not have to be in the program. Ahh memories.


December 16, 2010

A random picture of some holiday decorations. We have purchased the Hallmark singing snowman every year since they started. They are really ridiculous and absolutely take over the house, but I love them anyway and so does Ryleigh.


December 17, 2010

Our small but growing Nutcracker collection. This year I found and purchased two new ones: the fishing one and the hunting one.


December 18, 2010

Our mantel decorated for the holidays. I tend to keep the blue and silver theme up here each year. This year I completely forgot to put out the big Santa and train that usually goes above the gun cabinet. Next year I guess.


December 19, 2010

Holly LOVES the snow! Here she is with her nose buried in the snow. She loves to be outside when the temperatures are not too cold. She can sit out there for a long time before her feet finally get too cold.


December 20, 2010

Snowing again. Gotta love winter in Minnesota. Today is one of the days when I wonder why I still live here.


December 21, 2010

Dave and Holly doing what they do best in December ... blowing snow and playing in it!


December 22, 2010

The next several pictures are not necessarily from the date indicated. I have just picked several favorites from the holiday season and included them here. Here is Miss Ryleigh in her hand-me-down Christmas dress. She looked so adorable for her program.


December 23, 2010

This is Tricia's dress for her Christmas program. I can hardly believe how grown up she is getting. She is every bit a pre-teen!


December 24, 2010

The girls took a minute out of their present-opening to leave Santa his milk and cookies by the fireplace. I sure hope the big guy is hungry when he stops at the Nissen house!


December 25, 2010

This is one of my favorites from Christmas at Mom and Dad's house. After playing our two dice games for gifts, all of the girls lined up to help pick up the wrapping paper. I thought this picture was too adorable with all of the girls standing there with handfuls of garbage throwing it away.


Bonus Picture - December 25, 2010

This is a bonus picture of the girls posing with their newly unwrapped presents. I love to see the smiles on their faces as they see what their new gifts are.


December 26, 2010

On Sunday, we went back over to Holland to spend a little more time with Troy, Patty and Olivia. We took Holly with so that she could play with Belle for a while. This is my attempt at getting a picture of the three girls in the back of the car.


December 27, 2010

This is my favorite picture of Tricia at Christmas time this year. This is her after opening up the note saying she would be getting her iPod. Love the screaming smile she has going on there1


December 28, 2010

This is my favorite picture of Ryleigh. What a big smile and huge eyes she has!


December 29, 2010

Ryleigh doing what she does best these days ... coloring with a stuffed animal always nearby while watching cartoons.


December 30, 2010

Tricia had Maciah over for a sleepover. I got them some stuff to make some New Year's Eve crafts. The girls made special 2011 cups and several poppers filled with candy.


December 31, 2010

The final picture of 2010 ... This was our exciting New Year's Eve! Dave and Ryleigh slept while Tricia played in her room and I watched TV in the living room. Our NYE plans with the Czechs were interrupted by another storm (that was not nearly as bad as they said it was going to be) so we ended up taking the girls for a late supper at Swanny's and then watching The Sorcerer's Apprentice on TV. Not the most exciting of families I guess.


Make sure to head over to Jessica's site to check out the other Project Life posts - most of which are the final posts for 2010!

So there you have it. One entire year in pictures. I have all but this last group of pictures printed and in the album along with a bunch of memorabilia stuff. I have also typed up all my journaling cards and just need to print those out. I've started taking pictures for 2011 and have ordered the new kit so we'll see how I end up tackling the project in the coming year.


No comments:

Post a Comment