Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Project Life 2011 Week 2



Last week the girls and I continued our Jazz Up January activities for my picture of the day. So far we have had fun with the crafts and activities and most of them have worked out exactly as I thought they would.

January 10, 2011

Tonight we didn't have a fun Jazz Up January planned since it was supposed to be dance day. However since school was closed due to the weather, dance was canceled too. So I scrambled quick and found this idea on the internet. The girls had fun first making their snowman and then decorating them with markers, glue and glitter. I love this idea and will definitely keep it in my bag of tricks for art projects.




January 11, 2011

Tonight we had a rousing game of "pin the carrot on the snowman". I used clip art to find a snowman and carrot and then printed them out. It is difficult to find activities that both girls will find interesting. This one worked pretty well. I was able to point Tricia in the wrong direction and Ryleigh in the right direction. Though we didn't really have a competition, Ryleigh ended up "winning" with this carrot. I tricked Tricia in the end by moving the piece of tape since she was using the tape as a guide to place the carrot exactly where it needed to be.




January 12, 2011

Tonight the activity was to complete a winter-themed scrapbook page. I had a fun series of pictures from last winter so I let each of the girls create their own page. I helped Ryleigh but Tricia pretty much did hers on her own. The pages will be inserted into the scrapbook just like those that I make.




January 13, 2011

Today's activity was a fun one. I saw these outdoor sun catchers on McMama's blog the other day. Before I went to work I made some colored ice cubes - blue and yellow. When we got ready to make the sun catchers I let the girls pick their colors. Tricia chose blue and Ryleigh chose yellow. We just poured the water into a pie tin and plopped the ice cubes in and then stuck them outside to freeze (trust me, didn't take long with the weather we're having here in Minnesota!). We just used some yarn so we could hang them outside. Grandma Peg loved these so much that she wants them to make one for her too. By the way, these pictures do not do them justice ... they are very pretty hanging outside.





January 14, 2011

No Jazz Up January or POTD today. I had a basketball game to work at tonight.

January 15, 2011

Tonight's activity was a tasty one again. We baked a chocolate cake and frosted it with cream cheese frosting. Yummy. I had gone to Brookings with Tonia earlier in the day so she could order her new kitchen stuff - can you say JEALOUS! She will have a beautiful kitchen when it all gets done.




January 16, 2011

Today's activity was somewhat delayed because Tricia was not feeling well. But before bed we grabbed the old magazines and catalogs and let the girls cut out pictures for a collage. Ryleigh's was mainly food stuff - a giant peanut butter cup, milk and a peanut and Tricia's had a bunch of shoes on it. Ahh, my girls are so different!



We are still going strong with Jazz Up January! Like I said before, the hardest part is finding things that both girls will enjoy since there is such an age difference. But they mostly love crafting in all its forms so I've had quite a bit of success with the crafts.

Make sure you head over to Jessica's site to see the other Project Life posts.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, these were great. Love those layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to do activities all month when it's cold outside. These are all great ideas and the girls did a wonderful job on them. This will be fun with my kids so thanks for the ideas. Have a fun jazzy week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such Fun activities....love that you are getting your girls involved in scrapbooking and encouraging their creativity :)

    ReplyDelete