Orienteering
My first badge was simply for Orienteering ... walking my way through the CK Summer Camp site to check it out. Here is a link to the article on the site.

Getting to Know You and Flag-Raising
I did this layout to complete two different activities. The first was to include myself in my scrapbook. If you know me at all, you know this is something I do not do enough. So I made a page with my picture with the president of the university on graduation day.
The second activity was to use pennants, which are used in this layout for the title.
Here is the layout.First Aid
The next activity was to "fix-up" a layout to earn my first aid badge. One of the ideas was to include dimensional items on the page. "Flat-lining" is something that happens a lot in my scrapbook. I just can't take the time to do all that extra stuff ... slap on some paper and the pictures and call it a layout! So for this one, I used some wood accents on the page of the picture that the girls had to win the Cutie Contest.
Here is the layout.Nature Walk
Next up was the nature walk badge. For this layout we were to use nature-inspired product on the page. I used a stamping mask to create this bird on a page that will highlight pictures of mama and baby robins.

Here is the layout.
Organization
Then there is the organization merit badge. Hmm, not my strong point, right mom? But I was able to take my mess of scrap paper and organize them by color. I even went so far as to put them in ROY G BIV order because that is how I roll :)

Photography
Finally, the photography merit badge. Right up my alley! These were two pictures I had previously taken that fulfilled the criteria for earning the badge.
First is a details picture. I had taken this picture to use as one of my Project Life pictures, but it fits as a close-up picture of nature.
Second is a picture that meets the rule of thirds. I am fairly certain this one is pretty close to the rule of thirds. The sky is the top third, the tree line is the middle third, and the water is the final third. This was also a picture of the day for Project Life, taken at Split Rock Creek State Park in Ihlen.

I still have a few badges to earn, but I needed to wait until I was home with the kids to do a craft with them. On the agenda tomorrow is to use a bleach pen (like Tide) to create t-shirts for the girls.
Can't wait to see what is in store for the "campers" tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment