http://www.jessicaturnersblog.blogspot.com/
Fairs and Festivals and Plays - OH MY!
The week started with Tricia having auditions for The Princess and the Pea. The production was put on by the Missoula Children's Theater and the Calumet Players. Auditions were Monday for two hours and rehearsals began right after lunch. Every day, the kids practiced from 10:30-3:00 and they did their first performance at 7:00 on Friday night. What a busy and long week for these kids, ranging from 1st through 8th grade. They did just terrific! Tricia was cast as one of the "phony princesses" of Glacierdom and you can see just how much she loved her role!
The Pipestone County Fair was also this week, Wednesday through Saturday. Both girls just adore the fair. Since we live across the street there really is no avoiding going over there every night. We just have to ration the ride tickets and game money. Ryleigh loved going on the "Miracle Round".
Tricia found Aubrey on the last day of the fair and they wandered around together. Finally they convinced us that Aubrey should spend the night. Aubrey kept trying to persuade Tricia into going on the Zipper, but she did not give in. They both love the Sizzler though.
This was Ryleigh's favorite ride, the octopus. She went on this one about six or seven times over the four nights. The arms went up and down as it went in circles and it was plenty bouncy. Even though she won't admit it, Tricia even enjoyed this one with her sister once. The best part about this year's fair was the carnies. They were great - clean, smiling, not making us use tickets to ride with Ryleigh when necessary. The rides were all clean and they worked well. This is a huge change from past years.
They had bumper cars this year and even though they went pretty slow and the kids spent most of the time stuck together, Tricia had a blast. Just check her out with her sunglasses and stage make-up still on!
And as if the play and the fair wasn't enough for one week ... the Civil War Festival was also this weekend. Pipestone has the festival every other year. Two years ago, Tricia, Aubrey, and I helped with the games. This year, we just wandered around with all three girls in costume looking adorable and oh so Little House on the Prairie! We spent all of Sunday enjoying the pretty dresses and walking the grounds. Ryleigh was so exhausted that she crawled in my lap and fell asleep during the battle, even through the cannon booms.
Oh, and don't forget all the open-class entries that Tricia scrambled to finish up ... I have to get some pictures taken of all the crafts. I never did get pictures taken of the baked goods, but suffice to say that Tricia cleaned up at the fair this year!
So that was our week. I cannot believe that I survived it! And to make it even worse, I had the 2-day paraprofessional conference at work on Wednesday and Thursday so I was at work at 6:00 all week. No wonder my legs are feeling like I ran a marathon, I basically did over the course of the week.
Remember to head over to Jessica's site to check out the other Project Life entries.
Oh, how neat!! Busy week...Enjoyed your pictures.
ReplyDelete