Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Teddy Bear

Today was my last day of student teaching. It was quite busy. It was emotional. It was fun. And I received a most beautiful gift from my parents.

This little white teddy bear doesn't look like much, does it?





But this little white teddy bear will always hold a special place in my heart. It was my sister's bear. I look at the bear and see her face, a face I have not seen since December of 1992. It is the best gift my parents could have given me today. I truly have felt my sister's spirit willing me on, pushing me forward as I worked through this degree program.


And now that I have this teddy bear, it will always have a special place to live. For now, it will live with these two bears, which were made from Tricia's dresses and Grandpa's suit coat. But someday, when I have my own classroom, this teddy bear will be with me. It will stand as a constant reminder that I have a special angel on my side. I will keep her teddy bear in every classroom I ever have so that Tricia can always be near. I know that as long as she is by my side, anything is possible.

Thank you, mom and dad for this wonderful gift. I will treasure it always. I will treasure her always. I will treasure you always.

I have not shared pictures of my class on my blog yet, but today I will share just one. This is me and my wonderful 2nd graders at the end of the day today. They were all sugared up and ready for a nice long vacation. I love each and every one of these guys and know that they will all go on to be the best that they can be!




Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment