Monday, August 23
Holly learned the hard way that those big, buzzing bugs with pointy things sticking out of their bottoms are not food. She tried to eat a wasp and became our puffy puppy. At least we think that is what happened - she hasn't told us exactly what happened.

Tuesday, August 24
No picture
Wednesday, August 25
My very last day at Southwest/West Central Service Cooperative. I took a picture of my office, although it never did really feel like my office since I was only there from August 1 through today. I will admit that there were a few tears as Tonia and I said our goodbyes.

Thursday, August 26
Another Big Brother picture. I just love Ragan. He adds such flavor to the show!

Friday, August 27
The tree in our backyard has become a haven for monarch butterflies. There were so many of them flying around the tree it was just crazy. These three landed on one branch. (Picture actually taken a few days later - I was at my very last face to face for Bemidji today.)

Saturday, August 28
Today we all got together at Grandma Darlene's house to celebrate Bryan being home and also have some early birthday cake for Tricia. Bryan and Terry put the girls to work shucking 24 ears of corn. They were all pretty cute sitting there.

Sunday, August 29
Today Tricia, Ryleigh and Mataya put together a little "party" to celebrate Kindra's birthday. She was queen for a day with the oldest girls as her security detail. Ryleigh was not feeling too great but she was there for the festivities anyway.

Monday, August 30
Tricia had been sick over the weekend with a sore throat and fever. Ryleigh woke up this morning with the same symptoms. So off to see Heidi we went. I was assuming they both got strep throat somehow. I was wrong! It turns out they both somehow came down with hand, foot and mouth. Strange since they hadn't really been around kids at all this summer. It was short-lived, thank goodness. This is me trying to get a picture of Tricia sitting on the exam table.

Tuesday, August 31
Tricia is on a cooking kick lately. Tonight she made us chipped beef on toast. She cooked it from start to finish. Here she is with the finished product.

Wednesday, September 1
I cannot really take any credit for the classroom, but this is where I'll be spending the next 12 weeks as a student teacher. My cooperating teacher, Mrs. Weber, does such an awesome job decorating her second grade classroom. I just know I'll have an awesome student teaching experience.

Thursday, September 2
The girls and I headed over to the campground in Edgerton for the night. On the way, it was raining ahead of us and the sun shining behind us. I watched this rainbow form as we got closer to Edgerton. Pretty cool.

Friday, September 3
Mataya came to the campground with us for the weekend. The girls all had a blast, especially playing on the new equipment at the park.
Saturday, September 4
Okay, yuck picture of me again! What is it about me and taking pictures at the theater? Anyway, Tonia and I had our first "date" today. We went to Sioux Falls for the day and spent some time shopping, had a great lunch at Panera and then went to see the new Drew Barrymore movie, Going the Distance. I cannot even express how much I will miss seeing Tonia every day!

Sunday, September 5
Holly is a satellite girl, cone head again. When she was at the vet last weekend they mentioned surgery to try to close up the sore on her face. I must have given her some face, because she said we could try to put the cone on again and keep putting the salve on. Hopefully this will work so we don't have to pay for surgery!

I hope that my blog will start getting more interesting now that I start with my student teaching. I am nervous and scared and yet very excited to start my next venture!
Remember to head over to Jessica's website to check out her Project Life post as well as many other posts.

Great shots. Oh my, busy week. Sorry about the children and your dog too. He's soooooo cute.
ReplyDelete