Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

Clearly, my blog has taken a severe back seat to everything else going on in my life right now.

Student teaching is just awesome! I love every second of it, even the not-so-good ones. I have been teaching pretty much full days for the last two weeks so I am coming home exhausted every night. I knew I would be tired - of course it is a huge change to go from sitting down answering phones to standing all day and enriching little brains. I got super lucky and, while I NEARLY lost my voice, it stayed just strong enough to get me through the worst of my annual fall allergy attack.

I had my university supervisor come visit me last Tuesday for the morning. The kids were just awesome for the entire morning and they did just an awesome job with everything I had them do.

This coming week is a short one, with an early out on Wednesday and then MEA on Thursday and Friday. Unfortunately for our kids, it is a week filled with tests. We will have our first theme test in reading, a VOWAC test, and a math test in addition to our normal spelling test. So basically everything they can be tested in, they will be tested. Poor kids. And not much teaching time for me.

After the short week, I have one more week of teaching everything and then I start giving responsibilities back to Mrs. Weber. It is just unreal that we are already almost done! And then on to subbing until I can get my first job as a teacher, which hopefully come very quickly.

So, as for my Project Life album, yeah, not doing so well with that. I've got to get some pictures loaded onto the computer and then onto this blog.

In other Nissen News ... we are all delighted to have Randy Moss back in the purple and gold. Now we just wish the Vikes could pull their heads out of their bottoms and actually come to play. Tricia is doing well in 4th grade and loving her teacher. Ryleigh is still enjoying both daycare and preschool - she'll have kindergarten roundup later this year and I just cannot imagine my baby going to school already. Both girls are back in dance and loving their busy Monday nights. Tricia just finished up her tennis practice for the fall and still enjoys it. Dave is staying busy and working even harder than normal right now. He is looking forward to hunting season to see if Miss Holly will be a hunter or not. Hopefully she is since she is pretty close to being booted outside because she is chewing up all the woodwork in the entry way.

Hopefully I'll have some time to get some pictures taken care of so that we can have a new Project Life post on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment